“St. George” Chapel is located on a panoramic hill (1180 m) 2 km north of Batak. It reveals a panoramic view of the region and Batak water reservoir.
This is one of a number of chapels around Batak, most of which are restored over the remains of old churches or monastries dating back from 4th – 6th century and the late Medieval period. Around the town, still visible are the tracks of old Roman routes, Thracian and Roman consecrated grounds.