Partisans’ camp Teheran

IMGP6453

“Teheran” is one of the biggest partisans’ camps once built in Bulgaria and is situated 7 km from Bataka town at 1500 m altitutde. The camp constituted a long parade ground (platz), 6 dugouts, bath and laundry buildings. It was established in the autumn of 1943 by the partisan squad “Anton Ivanovtzi”. Nowadays most of the facilities are in ruins.